The Boys & Girls Clubs of the Chattahoochee Valley is a charter member of the Boys & Girls Clubs of America. Boys & Girls Clubs America’s tradition of service to our nation’s youth began in 1860, when the first Boys Club was established in Hartford, Connecticut. Since then, the organization has grown to serve some 4.8 million youth annually in more than 4,000 Boys & Girls Clubs across the country. Boys & Girls Clubs of America have not only experienced dramatic growth over the last several years, but has also become one of the nation’s leading charities. The Chronicle of Philanthropy ranked Boys & Girls Clubs of America as one of the top nonprofit organizations, while placing B&GCA in the No. 1 position among youth organizations for thirteen consecutive years.